Date:      28 Mar 2002 16:38:47 -0500
From:      kerberus <kerberus@microbsd.net>
To:        Adam <adamtuttle@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSH or Telnet?

Am I actually reading this on a security list of all places ???? Are you
actually suggesting the user use something that sends data over the wire
such as the username, and password in clear text usable ?? Doesnt the
thought of this scare you??? you telnet to remote system, someone
bewtween you and remote system, say at your ISP is sniffing the wire for
whatever reason, as your logging into the remote box, and guess what,
now they have your access to that same box. Dont use telnet, it is very
insecure, use ssh where everything is encrypted!!