Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:04:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Subject:   Re: <port> replacement

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Michael Lucas wrote:

ML> We don't refer to all the ports in the docs.  Heck, we don't refer to
ML> most of the ports.  Maybe a hundred or so entities, total.  That isn't
ML> bad.

That's what I was thinking.  I haven't read every single word of FreeBSD
documentation but the number of ports referred too has never seemed very
large.  We can see from the patches exactly how many there are (if we care
to look, that is).  Adding an entity every time a new ports is created
would almost be a full time job but adding one whenever the need arises to
refer to a port shouldn't be too difficult.

ML> <commentary type="aol>Me, too!</commentary>

Agreed.  The bikeshed needs built so let's build it and THEN argue about
the colour ;)

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>