Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:25:57 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WHAT KIND OF SH*T IS THIS: telnet and ssh

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On 02/17/05 05:47 PM, Fafa Diliha Romanova sat at the `puter and typed:
> let's get straight to it:
>=20
> whenever i telnet or ssh to something that's offline, i get e.g.:
> ssh: hostname.domain.com: hostname nor servname provided, or not known
>=20
> comeon, can't you guys at least change it to:
> ssh: hostname.domain.com: unknown
>=20
> thanks,
> fafa
> --=20

I believe the code is out there for your convenience.  Patch it and
submit the patch.  Even then, you probably won't see cosmetic changes
anytime soon.

BTW, in most cases, you should not be using telnet.

Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
Please send off-list email to:         leblanc at keyslapper d.t net
Key fingerprint =3D C5E7 4762 F071 CE3B ED51  4FB8 AF85 A2FE 80C8 D9A2

knowledge, n.:
  Things you believe.

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI--