Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:12:43 -0500
From:      "Henry Hojnacki" <heh@TRICOPROD.COM>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Laplink connection

Greetings!

I have been investigating using a laplink cable to connect two of my PC systems, both running
FreeBSD-2.1.  I have searched through man of the docs and man pages, and still have not got
a clue if this is even possible.  It is mentioned in the install README that it can be done.

The closest guess I have is to use pppd, with the device as /dev/lp0 or similar.  The
documentation seems to imply that a serial line is required though.

Can you please point me in the correct direction on where to look for how to do this?  If you
have to tell me outright how to do it, OK, but that takes some of the fun out of it! :-)

Thank you for any help you can provide!

|-|-|
Henry Hojnacki
Trico Technology Center