Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:21:49 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sparc classic

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 11:15:09AM -0600, Brian Henning wrote:
> Is there a port of freebsd that will run on a sparc classic?
> I only see one for 64 bit sparc on the ftp site.

No, there isn't. Sparc64 works wonderfully, however.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware.html

I suspect that you'll end up running NetBSD, OpenBSD or a Linux variant
on that box. I looked into it a while back because I like old Sun gear,
but I like having a homogenous environment even more :-)

-T

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far along
a path that you cannot explain anymore.