Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:56:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <cmakin@nla.gov.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, rsacrack@vex.net
Subject:   Re: Are there any quad PPRo systems running FreeBSD?

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> Brian Tao stands accused of saying:

> > PPro200 system, it would beat the very large and very expensive 15-CPU
> > IBM SP2 server currently at the top of the list.  :)

> Carl would probably just increase the number of beers he's offered his
> boss this weekend and get authorisation for another 15 CPUs 8)

It's only got 20 CPUs total!  Only 1 node is doing any productive work at
the moment due to a project being cancelled.  2 other nodes are dedicated
to backups and being a NFS file server and it's unwise to load node 1 as
if it is heavily loaded it can affect the High Performance Switch.  There
was one node unused so I just started the client on there too.  We now
have 16 nodes running the client.  Rough total is now 1364800 Keys/Sec.

While the managers work out what to do with the machine it's mostly idle
and available for this sorta thing.

Carl.

--
Carl Makin (VK1KCM)  <http://email.nla.gov.au/~cmakin/>;