Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:54:17 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>, "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
Subject:   Re: XML Output: libxo - provide single API to output TXT, XML, JSON and HTML

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:18:13 pm Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> The goal of a GSOC project is to get the code into FreeBSD.

Just to respond to this point: not necessarily.  I would say the primary goal
is to build relationships with the students and recruit new developers.  If we
get useful code out of the process as well, that's great, but it isn't the
priamry goal.  In addition, doing a GSOC project isn't a guarantee of getting
code into the tree (even though it may often work out that way), and we should
avoid marketing it as such.

--
John Baldwin