Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:39:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        jorgandar blackmoon <jorgandar@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rmaking freeBSD more pretty :)

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Jim Mock wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 at 03:15:50 -0700, jorgandar blackmoon wrote:
> >  This is a newbie contrast of linux vs. freeBSD:
> >
> > There are a few neet-o things linux does (well..at least RH 6.0
> > distro.) that freeBSD dosent and i simply *can't* live without
> > these features:
[snip...]

> > 3) is there gpm (mouse services) for freebsd?
>
> Wtf is gpm?
gpm is the approximate equivalent of moused on a FBSD system and allows
cut&paste on text console and other things. With this I have already
answered the question: yes it exists.

BTW: Just because Linux and BSD are different and therefore we do not know
each-other's system very intimately, there is no reason to be "ignorant
and proud of it." A newbie's questions should be answered kindly and not
dealt with in this 'Wtf' manner or people will never even try BSD.
Just a personal opinion...

> > I really want to find a way to emulate the previous features under
> > freeBSD.  Then and only then will i say good-bye to linux.  Any
> > help on these issues? thankx :)
>
> Wave good-bye ;-)
As you can see, you can safely try FreeBSD, it has everything you had
under Linux and more!

Greetings:

           Szilveszter Adam
           JATE University