Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 07:44:41 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lockdown of FreeBSD machine directly on Net

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:14:07AM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Yearly salaries
> for the one knowledgeable network admin holding the bandaid and ductape
> servers together are in the 20-30K range.  RAID is nonexistent, IDE drives
> abound, downtime
> is frequent.

Ted, Ted, you're giving me flashbacks here!  All that therapy, shot to
heck...

The plus side to that environment is, there's nothing like trying to
figure out how to make something work with inadequate equipment,
insufficient time, and screaming people to make you very good at
solving complex problems very quickly.  Of course, those solutions
were often worse than the original problem.

Sad to say, I think I had more fun back then than I'm having now.

--
Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org