Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 01:30:13 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Jail problems

will do a cvsup to 4.2-stable and go through it again.

will be reproducing this ona  few machines though (once the bugs are
worked out)...  currently working off of the  4.1.1 ISO, is there a
shorter way of getting the 4.2 stable rather than doing a 4.1.1
install and then cvsup'ing it?

thanks, and will reply back with the results after the upgrade and
reinstall.

some answers to your questions...

- aliased the IP address using the following:
ifconfig xl0 inet alias 192.168.1.111 netmask 255.255.255.255 (tried
255.255.255.0 as well)

- yes did makedev jail in the jail/dev directory (did again to double
check but was sure I did)

will do the 4.2 up and see if that resolves it...  really looking
forward to this.  While we are working on that...  any feedback as to
the load imposed by each virtual machine?  the installation I am
looking at not is about 100mb of disk space, though I havn't tried to
streamline that yet (trying to get it functional first)

Dave