Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:52:26 -0500
From:      Jaime Bozza <jbozza@mindsites.com>
To:        Scott Ullrich <sullrich@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "jacob@whotookspaz.org" <jacob@whotookspaz.org>
Subject:   RE: Possible scheduler (SCHED_ULE) bug?

> Try adding this or changing these items in lighttpd.conf:
>=20
> ## FreeBSD!
> server.event-handler	=3D "freebsd-kqueue"
> server.network-backend 	=3D "writev"

Scott,

Lighttpd was already using freebsd-kqueue, but I added the writev network-b=
ackend and the problem went away.   With this additional information I was =
able to track down kern/138999, which seems to be the exact issue I'm havin=
g.

The additional information I have (over the PR) is that:
1) Files over 64K cause the problem, not just larger files
2) switching over to SCHED_4BSD eliminates the problem - system no longer l=
ocks. =20
3) 7.2 amd64 doesn't have the problem - Tested a similar configuration and =
was not able to duplicate on amd64 at all.

I'm CC'ing the original submitter of the PR to give him an update to see if=
 he had any additional luck.

Jaime=20