Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:05:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Command-line editing [was NetWare client in -current]

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Parag Patel wrote:
> Anyway, command-line apps have been obsolete for years,

According to whom, Microsoft?  I would claim that any functionality that
is not fully supported by a command line interface (except, perhaps,  for
specifically graphical functionality) is not fully supported.

As for line-editing in the kernel, let put ISAM and support for record
structured files while we are cramming stuff into the kernel.  THen we
will be that much closer to Multics.  Yuck!

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
beattie@aracnet.com      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat