Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:33:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Basic SMP-kernel questions

Since I have moved from FreeBSD 2.2.8 to FreeBSD 3.1, I want to know some
of the issues not related to uni-processor kernel.  For example:

(1) During the system bootup, which CPU gets started first.  Does this CPU
have to start up other CPUs (via some special instruction)?  If all CPU
startup at the same time, who is going to run locore.s?

(2) If an external interrupt occurs, which CPU will respond to it?  Or all
CPUs will respond to it?   How about internal exceptions?

(3) What is the kernel model of FreeeBSD 3.1?  I believe that it is not
master-slave model.

I hope I can get some document sources (URLs) on questions (1) and (2).

Any help is appreciated.