Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:37:25 -0600
From:      Jamie Novak <novak@qwest.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   sending pc speaker beeps through regular speakers

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, or if this comes across as
being a completely inane question, but I couldn't find anything in the
list archives or on the web that would help me.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to send the beeps that are
normally played through the PC Speaker (in *terms, etc.) through my
sound card to be handled by a sound server in X.  (esound/wsoundserver)
Does anybody know an easy way to do this, or if it's even possible?
I've tinkered around with it for a while on two different machines with
two different sound cards (Diamond Monster Sound MX300 & Creative ES1371
Ensoniq AudioPCI) with no success.

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions anybody can provide.  I'm at a
total loss and getting frustrated. :)

- Jamie