Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 00:05:12 +0800 (SGT)
From:      chas <panda@peace.com.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   thank you ! Re: But what if the alias name is already in use ? Re: mail  aliasing

[from jack]
>procmail, in the ports collection, is your friend :)

Thanks indeed for the advice. Seems that the "\" is
also my friend... I didn't realise it could be used
as such :

[solution A : thanks to Norman C Rice]
>There is no reason to remove the `info' account, just make an
>entry in /etc/aliases similar to
>
>info:   boss,\info,pointy_hair,boss2

... ah, i was wondering how to use the info alias without
    creating an infinite loop.

[solution B : thanks to Andrew Kenneth Milton]
>put a filed called '.forward' into the home directory with the
>email addresses of the people who also wish to receive email as well as
>the info account.... so you'd have..
>
>\info
>manager1
>manager2@offsite.domain.com
>
>the \ means do not follow .forwards, so it effectively re-delivers it.

Better get those books out again. In the meantime, thank you,

chas