Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:06:39 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <agapon@excite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp.freebsd.org and 4.6.1

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 05:12:33PM -0400, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> since official release 4.6.1 is shot down and 4.6.2 will probably take
> another while, do you think it is a good idea to create a 4.6.1 link to

  We're waiting on a new package build with the latest OpenSSL fixes.
Barring any more security advisories, 4.6.2 "should" be ready in a few
days when the package builds complete and have been tested.

> 4.6 packages directory to facilitate a little bit life of those whose
> release verson is set to 4.6.1 after applying security updates to 4.6

  Sounds like a good idea.  I've made the link on ftp-master; it
should reach ftp.freebsd.org and the mirrors within 24 hours.

       - Murray