Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:39:42 +0100
From:      "Aleksandar Simic'" <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@brizzie.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Entrega USB controller

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 07:53:29AM +1000, Doug Young wrote:

> > I'm considering a purchase of a PCI plug-in USB host controller,
> > Entrega model, listed in /usr/src/release/texts/HARDWARE.TXT,
> > which can be seen here:
>
> I've just had an experience I wouldn't care to repeat with one here
> .....  involved an el cheapo motherboard mit onboard sound / video &
> Cyrix 300 and SMC USB network adaptor to Tel$tra Bigpond cable. It
> worked fine for five / ten minutes then went on a go-slow
> strike. After replacing the thing with a proper PCI network adaptor
> all problems disappeared.

Thanks for telling me this Doug, because this card was supposed to go
into a very cheap, low spec PC, to which I would be connecting a USB
ADSL modem. But if the situation with the card is just like you
described, then I'll have to think again.

--Alex

-- M-x spook --
Honduras North Korea quiche strategic Waco, Texas Ft. Meade plutonium
Uzi SDI Panama