Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:02:58 +0930 (CST)
From:      Benjamin Close <linux@senet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading a port

Hi All,
	How do I upgrade a port and make it upgrade all dependancies.
Ie. I currently use cvsup to keep my ports collection up to date. When a
port is updated I use pkg_delete portname to remove the package. If it
complains of depenancies I delete them as well. Then I run make install to
upgrade the port I initally wanted to update. Finally I run make install
on all the ports I had to remove because of dependancies.

Is there an easier way? I've found pkg_remove aids in removal but is there
something where I can say type: make sometarget   which will uninstall all
broken depenancies, upgrade the current package then reinstall the other?

Cheers,
--
* Benjamin Close