Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 23:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Is the DPT client in -stable usable?

On 05-Jun-98 Jaye Mathisen wisely wrote:

> I remember seeing some people were having problems building kernels after
> 2.2.6 with DPT problems, but didn't see anything about resolution.
>
> I just got a new DPT in with firmware 07M0, and it seems to be OK
> under the stock 2.2.6 kernel, but I want to keep up with developments
> in -stable, but of course, don't want a non-bootable machine when I'm
> done.

DPT stuff works great if you
A: setup and initialize the drivers via DOS
B: Drop to F4 and build a kernel with DPT support as it does not have it in thei
r yet.

 One HUGE problem I have found is that I can't make world when using RAID 5. I s
ent in a message about that with no response. Same card same everying, redone wi
th 2 drives mirrored works great.

 Also I had a card barf today doing a make world -j3 on a 400 MHZ pent II system
. It bailed and rebooted the system. Without the j3 it seems to be OK.

 I plan on using Lots of these cards. So any&all insight/info would be welcome.

   Nicole

     nicole@webweaver.net  - http://www.webweaver.net/
 webmistress@dangermouse.org - http://www.dangermouse.org/