Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:13:02 -0800
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Hooking 2 Networks

> Each machine has static internal IPs and listed in the
> /etc/hosts so finding them is easy.
You dont have to worry about this. It should be fine that
they are in hosts.

(snip)
> >{192.168.0.0}--[freebsd-gateway]--{internet conn1}
> >			(link)
> >{10.0.0.0}--[freebsd gateway]---{internet conn2}
> >

> How did you "link" the two machines....? I have 2 NICs
> in each box - 1 for external and 1 for internal.
In my case I just an other ethernet card.

Which would bring the total number of network cards to 3
instead of 2. This unfortunatly means that (with this
plan) you would need an other network connection between
the two machines.

Assume the following:
FreeBSD Machine on 192.168.0.0
<ethernet> to 192.168.0.0
<ethernet> to FreeBSD Machine 10.0.0.0
<internet connection>

FreeBSD Machine on 10.0.0.0
<ethernet> to 10.0.0.0
<ethernet> to FreeBSD Machine 192.168.0.0
<internet connection>

And you can buypass a hub/switch by using a
cross-over cable. A cross over cable is simply
an ethernet cable that maps outbound (TX & RX)
to incomming (RX & TX).

> Just have those two questions above inline..... thanks again.
Well, I seem to have answered at least one, whats the
other question?