Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 13:33:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bsd Newbie <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i'm locked out of my system... please help.

I'm in need of some help.

I was able to access my FreeBSD box without any
problems but now it will not accept any passwords.

These are the last two things I can remember doing.

1. I removed an account using the 'rmuser' command.
2. I installed Kerebos5.

I think it has something to do with my installation of
kerebos5.

I booted into the single user mode and I used the
'passwd' command to change the passwords.  I then used
a command (not vipw but another one) to rebuild the
password database.

I then was able to login without and problem...
anyways, I went to bed and tried accessing the system
in the morning.  Again, I had the exact same problem.

Does anyone know how to resolve the problem?  Do I
need to uninstall kerebos5?  If I were to uninstall
it, exactly how would I do that?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.