Date:      Fri,  9 Nov 2001 08:02:44 -0500
From:      "brain_damaged" <brain_damaged@florida-wireless.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ssh gets no prompts or anything

Hello,
*sigh*
I have redone my machine that was hacked with the
adorebsd-0.34. However I ran into a problem and think I have screwed it up more than did good.
My ssh was not working right. I could connect but get no prompts or anything. The freebsd machine
did not report any errors on the console or in the logs.
SO I downloaded the ports and made install for ssh2.
THis is definately not the same ssh that installed when I installed the system. I see alot of different files in the dir like ssh-add and agent and agent2 so I did not get the same one.
Then on reboot I got errors about not being able to bind and figured that was due to the one that I thought was not working was still running. So in rc.conf I set sshd_enable to no. I no longer get the can't bind error but my ssh2 is doing the same thing as the orginal ssh. Seems to connect but no prompts or anything.

I have searched google for answers but none seem to relate to my problem.
How can I fix this problem ? Where do I go from here other than the bar to get drunk. ?

Thanks
bd