Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:47:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      RA Cohen <roy2098@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   calcru negative-time messages

I have searched high and low for help with these negative-time
calcru messages...there is scant information out there, mostly a
paragraph in the troubleshooting section of the FreeBSD docs.
Most folks following the instructions there on later versions of
FBSD seem to not be successful in getting rid of the messages,
myself included. Therefore I have slid back to versions 4.8 or
4.9.

I believe in my case the messages relate to an AMD K6-2 chip and
motherboard. FBSD 5.1 and 5.2 exhibit the behavior; 4.8 and 4.9
do not on this hardware.

As I am writing this from my day job, and the unit in question
is currently built with 4.9 now anyway, I cannot give you the
exact message but if you google for 'calcru FreeBSD' you will
see what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Roy