Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:35:53 -0600
From:      nathan <beemern@telecom.ksu.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   small request: missing vmware file

when trying to "Power On" my VMWare virtual machine I get the following
popup error:

Could not open /usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/.bios.rom (No such file or
directory).

I cannot find this file anywhere on my sys.

if anyone is running VMWare2 successfully, I would be forever grateful
if you could simply email me this file.
I've been fighting the install of VMWare2 off n on for weeks now, and
have even purchased a license for it since I ran the trial license out
of time while testing.  I've decided to resort to cheating by just
grabbing this missing file from anywhere I can, and see if that'll fix
it.

i've emailed this list regarding this problem in the past, but it seems
that most people don't have a problem installing/running vmware, and i
am currently at a complete loss ):

many thanks!

nathan