Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 20:18:16 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Craig Burgess <craig-burgess@home.net>
Subject:   Re: Alpha PC164 Hardware - 53C895 SCSI controller?

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 11:09:32AM -0700, Craig Burgess wrote:
> Matthew Jacob wrote:
> >
> > SRM doesn't know about the 895.
>
> Oh.
>
> Rats! I could use it in the PC but in order to run both controllers on
> the Alpha I'll  have to free up a PCI slot.
>
> D'you happen to know if SRM supports any Ultra/2 controller?

You might want to check the release notes of your system's SRM to see
what it says. But I'm afraid the older systems don't get their SRM updated
to include later model adapters. At some point there is no 'backward' qual
being done anymore for newer model adapters in older machines.

Been bitten by that before.

W/
--
Wilko Bulte