Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:12:31 -0700
From:      Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>
To:        "'Chris Faulhaber'" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Finding MAC address of interface - programming question

Thanks, I've already been looking at that. :-)

The problem is, ifconfig does a lot of other stuff, and it's very poorly
documented.

I was hoping someone could give me some hints to speed my research.  Such as
recommended places to look in the code, ioctl's used and/or sysctl's called.

I'm happy to do most of the work myself, I'm just asking for some hints. :-)
Much appreciated.