Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:16:04 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: card0 or pccard0?

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.9912250905551.12109-100000@fw.wintelcom.net> Alfred Perlstein writes:
: I've been fumbling around looking at our pccard and cardbus
: support, it seems that card0 is the 'kludge' version, whereas
: pccard (sys/dev/pccard) isn't?  Which should I be using?

The kludge version.  sys/dev/pccard isn't ready yet.

: Can anyone suggest a good starting point for the current
: stuff in dev/cardbus?  It doesn't compile (yes NEWCARD warns
: about that) but I was wondering if any of this stuff ought to
: be cleaned out because it's stagnating and tad confusing to
: have two options for pccard.

Yes.  That's because the kludge version is the only one works.

: Are there any good references for the cardbus stuff?

Mindshare are the best books.  cardbus isn't supported in FreeBSD at
this time.

Warner