Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:20:21 -0600
From:      Colin Worthy <cworthy@swbell.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 4.2 compile errors

I was wondering why I am getting the following error when I try to
portupgrade XFree86-4, the metaport.

/usr/bin/install -c -m 0444 pswrap._man  /usr/X11R6/man/man1/pswrap.1
gzip -n /usr/X11R6/man/man1/pswrap.1
install.man in config/pswrap done
===>   Generating temporary packing list
Can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/html/XF86VidModeValidateModeLine.3.html at
/usr/X11R6/bin/mkhtmlindex line 57.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/imake-4.
*** Error code 1

The file that it talks about, XF86VidModeValidateModeLine.3.html, is in the
correct location and is a link pointing to XF86VidMode.3.html, which is also
in the correct location.

Yet when I try to reproduce the error by portinstalling imake on its own, the
install works successfully everytime.  I can then go back and try to
portupgrade XFree86-4's metaport and it will fail on the same error as above.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why it is doing this?

Colin