Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:16:12 -0500
From:      Chun Lau <clau@vt.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Question about FreeBSD 2.1.6 installation

	I would like to install FreeBSD 2.1.6 onto my personal computer from the
CD-ROM.  Unfortunately, FreeBSD doesn't recognize my CD-ROM, so I could
install it from the CD.  I have a Acer IDE 8X CD-ROM.  So, is there any
program or file that I can get to help me get FreeBSD to recognize my
CD-ROM.  Also, I am think about getting a Toshiba ATAPI 12X CD-ROM, I would
like to know if it is compatible with FreeBSD 2.1.6.