Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:07:57 +0200 (EET)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL pci modem drivers?

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> 	Does anyone have any information on ADSL
> modems under FreeBSD? Driver progress and stuff?
> 	Any PCI cards at all? Mainly the 3com
> homeconnect.
> http://www.3com.com/client/pcd/homeconnect/dsl/pci.html

Typically DSL cards require lot of support from original
hardware manufacturer (especially DMT chipsets firmware).

As far as I know thee is no publicly released drivers neither for freebsd
or linux (There is unreleased driver for efficient 3060 and alctel
speedtouch usb for linux).

If you have good contact with manufacturers wiling to help with
documentation, firmware etc.. etc.. Then you'll probably find volunteers
for driver writing for freebsd:)

best regards,
taavi