Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:36:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setkey and lzs compression

Hi guys,

Anyone know the proper syntax for specifying lzs as the compression
algorithm with setkey? My understanding of the manpage is obviously flawed
and I haven't been able to find a working example on the Net. I've tried these
variations with no luck:

add first_ip second_ip ipcomp -C lzs;

spdadd first_ip second_ip any -P out ipsec -C calgo lzs
esp/tunnel/first_ip-second_ip/require;

spdadd first_ip second_ip any -P out ipsec
ipcomp/esp/tunnel/first_ip-second_ip/require;

I'm trying to negotiate with a PIX which only understands lzs, not the
default deflate. Since I've tried to configure lzs, I keep getting an
empty SPD so my syntax must be incorrect.

Any help appreciated.

Dru