Date:      Fri, 26 May 95 16:25:09 EDT
From:      Paul Browning <paulb@metnet.epflbalto.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Tape Drive Woes

I have an Adaptec 284x local bus SCSI card with one device attached:
an Exabyte FS1G tape drive.  When booting the system, BSD tells me
that the card is device st0 and the tape drive is device 0 on the card.
It shows my tape drive as having density code 0x92.

Whenever I do a "mt status", I get the following:
st0:Cannot set selected mode 7:unknown tape drive type

A "mt rewind" rewinds the tape, but I get the following:
st0: cannot set selected mode

Is there somewhere that I need to set parameters for my tape drive, or am I
doomed with incompatible hardware?

|   Paul Browning                      paulb@metnet.epflbalto.org  |
|   "Modems are my life....."          "O.J. who?"                 |