Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:35:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander <amour@amour.ath.cx>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running both pppoe and pptp

Here is my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf:

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 ident user-ppp VERSION (built COMPILATIONDATE)

dsl:
 set device PPPoE:rl0
 set MTU 1492
 set MRU 1492
 set dial
 set crtscts off
 set speed sync
 accept lqr
 disable ipv6
 disable deflate
 disable pred1
 disable vjcomp
 disable acfcomp
 disable protocomp
 enable dns
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
 add default HISADDR
 set login
 set authname XXXXXXXXXX
 set authkey YYYYYYYYYY

vpn:
 set MTU 1024
 set MRU 1024
 set authname XXXXXXXXXX
 set authkey YYYYYYYYYY
 set timeout 0
 set ifaddr 0 0
 add 192.168.6.0/24 HISADDR
 alias enable yes
 disable ipv6
 disable deflate pred1
 deny deflate pred1

I don't have access to the vpn server but I'm sure it is mpd.

At boot time I'm running the dsl as:
ppp -quiet -ddial -nat dsl

after that pptp is executed as:
pptp a.b.c.d vpn &

And if, for example, I kill the pptp
both interfaces are shut (tun0 & tun1).
If something goes wrong and the connection to the vpn server dies then
again both interfaces are shut.

I forgot to mention that I'm running:
FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #4: Sat Jan 25 16:21:48 CET 2003

thanks