Date:      Sun, 31 May 2009 10:32:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on USB drive for a MacBook Pro

> 4) Just to be contrary, I'd also like to use GELI (if possible) for
> everything but /boot. Does needing an extra /boot partition change
> anything?

Actually you can't create /boot partition, but something else like /b
and link /boot to /b/boot

bootloader subsystem requires that things are in /boot subdirectory on
bootpartition.

make /boot partition a, encrypted partition as d and add in
loader.conf
vfs.root.mountfrom="ufs:da0d.eli"

if you do this and not forget to add -b in geli init everything will just
work.