Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:31:37 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
Cc:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, FreeBSD Documentation Project <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>, unfurl@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some minor Handbook reorganization.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 at 19:10:03 +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> -On [20000110 16:00], Neil Blakey-Milner (nbm@mithrandr.moria.org) wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm considering moving 'Hardware Compatibility' and the 'Contributors'
> >list into the appendices - I'd like to hear opinions on this.

Sounds ok to me..

> >I'd also like to convert the existing pseudo-appendices to real
> ><appendix> things, possibly renaming them. (roughly 500k bloat)

This was one of the things on Nik's mile long todo list IIRC, so it was
definitely something we planned on doing in the long run.  Unless he
pipes up that he or someone else is working on it, go for it.

> Also, it would be nice if either Jim or Bill would keep us somewhat more
> updated on their handbook rewrite since this really limits us in our
> movement on modifying the handbook.

I'm putting together an update to send to -doc later today.  I've been
trying to come up with something weekly, but since there weren't many
updates last week (due to just returning from the holidays, etc.), I
didn't send anything out.

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -