Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        Ed Watkeys <edw@poseur.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cdrecord problems to record 1 CD

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Ed Watkeys wrote:

: Reading through the mkisofs man page, it that that the ISO image
: should contain all of the information necessary to make this CD-R
: bootable. Has anyone actually booted off of a CD-R that they've burnt
: from the September 17, 1999, image? The disc works fine for installing
: packages, etc., but it fails with an error during boot that looks
: something like "Booting from ATAPI CD-ROM: Failure." (Most of the
: machines around here have Award BIOS, and they all give that error.)

This might be useful information; I don't know.  I was burning a
few (untested right now) and one of the CD-Rs I had would not start
recording at sector 0; instead it tried to start recording at sector
49,000-something.  SInce the CD-R had never been used before I
assumed it was bad.  Now with 49,000 extra sectors, I could not
complete the burn (it ran out of room) -- but with just a few, you
might be prevented from burning the CD...

Just a thought :-)

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Owner/Administrator, zigg.com
Chief Engineer, Nameless IRC Network