Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 1995 22:11:40 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        rpt@miles.sso.loral.com (Richard Toren)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, andreas@knobel.gun.de (Andreas Klemm)
Subject:   Re: aspfilter & stdin

As Richard Toren wrote:

> Gentlemen,
:)

[trying to get apsfilter to work on FreeBSD]

>   ... A companion program is supplied called 'rewindstdin'.
>
>     main()
>     {
>      return lseek(0,0L,0) < 0;
>     }

I've already wondered how this should work on a pipe after Andreas
described it to me on the phone.  I'd suggest you to contact Andreas
Klemm for this, he knows best what he's done.  (I'm Cc'ing him for
this, but his mail relay doesn't seem to be reliable all the time.)

Andreas does also know about the ~/.apsfilterrc vulnerability, and
i think he's working on some fix for this.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/