Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 10:02:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
Cc:        ag@leo.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CD WORM

As gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com wrote:

> > problem here: We tried to connect a WORM to our FreeBSD machine,
> but have > no luck so far. I both tried 2.1 with NEW_SCSICONF, and
> -current as of 12/18.

> Okay. The story generally is ``it don't work''. Julian (Elischer) had
> Jordan's burner, but I think he's debunked back to Oz, so I'm not sure
> what's happening.

Hmm, does anybody know if Julian has left something substantial new
before leaving?

Our company bought a burner a couple of days ago, so i've finally
got full-time access to it.  (Don't ask me for the name though.)

As soon as i've got enough of time to play with it, i'm going to
implement more towards a working driver.

> > (aha0:4:0): "PINNACLE RCD-1000 1.33" type 4 removable SCSI 2
> > worm0(aha0:4:0): Write-Once - UNTESTED
> > worm0(aha0:4:0): NOT READY asc:4,1
> > worm0(aha0:4:0):  Logical unit is in process of becoming ready
> > worm0: oops not queued
> >
> > worm0(aha0:4:0): could not get size
> > - can't get capacity.
>
> That's better than I got the last time I tried (admittedly ~5 months
> ago) - it panic'd the machine! (Although I do seem to remember that
> being fixed)

Yup, that's been me. :) But that last burner (a Yamaha CDR-100) wasn't
ours, so i've got access to it only for a weekend.  That's why i've
been basically stuck at the point where i've got in response to a
dd(1) command:

worm0...: Incorrect command sequence.

--
cheers, J"org