Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 00:26:22 -0400
From:      Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 delete key remap (was Re: csh hates me, won't let me use del as interrupt (4.6-RELEASE))

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 01:51:52PM -0400, Guy Middleton wrote:
> How do I use del as the interrupt character in csh now?
>
> I think this is due to some weird tcsh configuration.
>
> "stty intr '^?'" doesn't do the right thing any more.  It looks like I have
> to use some incantation using "bindkey", but whatever I do hasn't worked
> so far.  Help!

Ok, it looks as if csh isn't at fault here.  I'm seeing this behaviour
with all shells, but only while in xterm.  It works as expected on the
system console.

Where in the X11 config should I look for this? The keyboard section in
my XF86Config looks harmless:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"