Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:02:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with yesterdays world

Hello all!

Problem:
A kernel built without mcclock panics at bootup from yesterdays buildworld
(for me atleast, jkh said he had no problem but as he also spoke about
free weed in texas on #freebsd im not certain ;)
I have now tried to build the kernel 4 times , 2 times with mcclock and
what confuses me is that config clearly states that mcclock is an unknown
device , still with mcclock the kernel dont panic at bootup.

this is what is printed (handtyped)

panic: cpu_initclocks: no clock attached
panic
Stopped at Debugger+0x2c ldq ra,0(sp) <0xfffffc0000553cc0>
<ra=0xfffffc000043cb20,sp=0xfffffc0000553cc0>

db> trace

Debugger() at Debugger+0x2c
panic() panic+0xf4
cpu_initclocks() at cpu_initclocks+0x34
initclocks() at initclocks+0x2c
mi_startup() at mi_startup+0x128
locorestart() at locorestart+0x68

If any more info is needed mail me ..
I dont think i have serial cable at home,
so i cant go into gdb afaik

/Khaled, Telia Network Services

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]