Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:38:28 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. DeYoung" <brandon@schoolpeople.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems installing 4.1 on 3ware RAID 5200 & 6200

Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

>1) When the 3ware BIOS is running the 'profiling' phase, reboot the
>   machine. This *may* result in slightly lower performance.
>2) Let the FreeBSD installer start but do nothing until all the drives
>  are idle.  This may take a long time.  It appears that the array
> enters an "initialisation" phase if profiling is allowed to complete,
>    and while this phase is active, the driver can upset the controller.

Thanks Mike,
Just so I'm clear here.
1) When you say profiling, you're talking about the initial array set up
done after pushing Alt-3? And you're suggesting rebooting the machine before
it gets to 100%?
2) Allow profiling to complete, but leave the installer on the first screen
("skip kernel configuration.....") until drives are idle.

Best Regards,
~Brandon

...It don't mean a thing
If you cain't get that ping...