Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:08:03 +0100
From:      Phil Schulz <ph.schulz@gmx.de>
To:        David Newman <wo_shi_big_stomach@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating system version of OpenSSH

On 02/25/05 20:55, David Newman wrote:
> What is the procedure for patching/updating system
> version of OpenSSH on an FBSD 5.2.1 box?

If you can't afford to upgrade the base OS and you do not want to
install OpenSSH from the ports, then you'll need to specify what
vulnerability you are talking about.

I checked the FreeBSD security advisories which *could* apply to your
problem and it seems that FreeBSD-SA-04:05.openssl is the one you might
be talking about. A patch is included with the advisory along with
instructions on how to apply the patch and fix the issue.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-04:05.openssl.asc

Regards,

Phil.