Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:34:10 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with 3.4-Release

Hi all!

I'm currently running 3.3-RELEASE on two machines, one of which runs off a
disk large enough to hold only binaries - meaning kernel/world needs to be
built remotely and then installed via NFS.

I just cvsup'd my source to 3.4-RELEASE, did a 'cd /usr/src', and then a
'make buildworld'.  I then get swamped with tons of compiler errors.

Output:

root@gabby# make -j8 buildworld
>>> Cleaning up the temporary elf build tree
mkdir -p /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp
chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/
rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp

Immediately I become suspicious of the paths - am I not specifiying
something on the command line that I should be?

Continuing on into the compile...

cc -O -pipe -I/usr/src/usr.bin/make   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c
/usr
/src/usr.bin/make/arch.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/make/arch.c:93: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
/usr/src/usr.bin/make/arch.c:94: sys/stat.h: No such file or directory
/usr/src/usr.bin/make/arch.c:95: sys/time.h: No such file or directory

I'm guessing that the errors are resulting from the bad include parameter
passed to cc.  Again, something doesn't seem to be quite right.  What am I
missing?

Any help appreciated.  Please cc me on any replies since I don't read the
group regularly.

--
Matthew Emmerton
GSI Computer Services