Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 13:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Charles C. Figueiredo" <marxx@apocalypse.superlink.net>
To:        "Brett L. Hawn" <blh@nol.net>
Cc:        Paul Traina <pst@Shockwave.COM>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd + synfloods + ip spoofing

	Brett, at first you were talking about how easy it was to hose ports
like 513 w/ SYN bit set packets, now you've moved into TCP sequence
prediction, that's irrelevant to how hard it would be to predict a seq on
a tcp session, in theory. The way the seq generator is right now, it's better
than some commercial implementations. I'm not coping the "It's
broken, but still better than the other stuff." attitude. You're blowing
this out of perportion. *I* want to see what the hell you've done to
prove FreeBSD is so insecure. If you built rbone, that's child's play;
and harmless if you're sensible enough to use tcp wrappers, and besides,
I think it still won't work. You're not going to create full-duplex
connection based services and expect to see what you're doing, are you?
I wanna see what I asked for in the other letter.

"I don't want to grow up, I'm a BSD kid. There's so many toys in /usr/bin
that I can play with!"

Charles C. Figueiredo            Marxx                  marxx@superlink.net