Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:10:38 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <reso3w83@verizon.net>
To:        scott@sremick.net
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpeg4ip requires IPv6?

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 01:47 pm, Scott I. Remick wrote:

I don't have the begining of this thread so I'm not sure what you
did to get the following output but I noticed
a few things worth commenting on just the same...

> --- Michael Johnson <ahze@ahze.net> wrote:
> > Others have reported this also, I am unable to reproduce it but if
> > you 'make config' and turn on IPV6 support everything should work.

[snipped no relevent stuff]

> aa -lusbhid /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libc.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.so, may conflict
> with libc.so.5

I don't have  libc.so.4 on my FreeBSD-5 Stable system, are you running
FreeBSD 4 or 5?

locate libc.so on my FreeBSD 5.3 returns:

/lib/libc.so.5
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6
/usr/lib/libc.so

If you are running FreeBSD 5 you probably have dependencies linked
to out of date libraries and the dependencies should be upgraded, if
your running FreeBSD 4 then never mind.

[snipped some non relevent out put]

> (CPlayerSession*, audio_query_t*, int, char*, unsigned int, int&)':
> : undefined reference to `MP4IsIsmaCrypMediaTrack'

The term "MP4IsIsmaCrypMediaTrac" is located in /usr/local/include/mp4.h
on my system, and /usr/local/include/mp4.h was installed according to:

pkg_info -W /usr/local/include/mp4.h by mpeg4ip-libmp4v2-1.1_1

look in your /usr/local/include/mp4.h file if you have one and see
if "MP4IsIsmaCrypMediaTrac" is in there, if not I'd recommend
deleting /usr/local/include/mp4.h and running pkg_delete -f
mpeg4ip-libmp4v2*, then retry what is in /usr/ports/UPDATING
for mpeg4ip.

-Mike