Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:25:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS Maestro Q

I have a Toshiba Portege 7020CT, which has a ES1928 sound chip.  I am
having trouble identifying this chip (the ESS site sucks) - is it
Maestro, Maestro 2, or Maestro 2E?  There is a "FreeBSD Portege
Homepage", but it hasn't been updated in some time, and his most recent
kernel config is before the ESS driver was written.

I am told that the Maestro devices are supported in 4.2-RELEASE - what
is the correct kernel config for this device - just 'device pcm' or are
other options required?

If this isn't the correct forum, I'd appreciate a nudge in the right
direction

Thanks!

--
Steve Tremblett