Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:21:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        dk+@ua.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RAM parity error

In article <199801060852.AAA04597@dog.farm.org> you wrote:
> In article <199712310100.RAA03280@vader.cs.berkeley.edu> you wrote:
>> I have been seeing a "RAM parity error" in one of our machines lately.

This is caused by an errata in the P6 having to do with PIO.  The
aic7xxx driver does a lot of PIO unless you tell it to use memory
mapped register access instead.

Try the AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO option in your kernel.

I also thought there was some discussion in the current or hackers
list a while back about putting some code in our trap handlers to
work around this problem.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations