Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:58:11 -0500
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help debugging apr port

Hi,

I am trying to fix the apr port.
There have been some recent changes to the autoconf
and libtool in the ports Makefile rules which is causing problems.

Question 1:
  How can I reproduce the jail environment that bento uses
  to build a port, i.e. I want the jail to have no ports installed,
  so that when I build the port, the necessary dependent packages will
  be installed.

Question 2:
  If autoconf-2.57 is installed, it looks like there is only
  a binary /usr/local/bin/autoconf257 installed, and not /usr/local/bin/autoconf.
  The apr port is expecting a binary named autoconf.

  How do people typically deal with this problem?

The full build logs are here:

http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest-logs/apr-0.9.4_9.log

--
Craig Rodrigues