Date:      01 Mar 2003 17:17:54 -0600
From:      James McNaughton <jtm63@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundcard not working

I just got a new soundcard, a SIIG Soundwave Pro PCI. It has what is
supposed to be a supported chip, the ALS4000. I get the following
errors on boot:

pcm0: <Avance Logic ALS4000> irq 5 at device 14.0 on pci0
pcm0: unable to allocate register space
pcm0: failed to allocate resources

I tried setting the bios "PNP OS" to off as suggested in other
messages, but this kills my ATA33 card. I also set the latency timer
for the card to 0x100 in the bios and still it doesn't work.

The platform is  4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 10
13:39:5

I have pcm and sbc devices in the kernel, which worked with the old
SB-AWE 32 (ISA) that I just took out. And that card is broken and
won't record anymore, not to mention, the integrated IDE controller
couldn't be turned off reliably.

Jim