Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 01:21:15 -0800
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: howto do ftp download of pkgs after floppy install?

--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 06:08:12PM +0100, A. L. Meyers wrote:
> After doing a floppy install of everything installable this way on a
> Toshiba T4850CT notebook and after getting ppp to work (thanks to the
> pedantic primer, 7 kudos), how can I connect to the ftp site to download
> additional packages?
>=20

I've never done a floppy install, so maybe 'fetch' isn't installed -
but in case it is (it should be! then again, it's pretty surprising
that 'ftp' isn't...), thats probably your best bet.  Note: hopefully=20
you were able to install the ports tree, an essential aspect of a major=20
advantage of FreeBSD.  If you did, then to install say, bash, you would=20
do: cd /usr/ports/shells/bash2 ; make install

That should automatically download and install what you need.  Also,
check out /stand/sysinstall.

-Brent

--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+

--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+--